If you are on this page you are probably considering putting on a dental appliance.
On this page you will find all the information about orthodontics and the various solutions that exist in the world of dental devices.
What is an orthodontic dental appliance?
dental braces or orthodontic braces are called the solutions that orthodontists use to correct tooth position defects (eg misaligned or “crowded” teeth) and jaws .
In what situations are dental devices used?
Orthodontic appliances are used for many purposes, namely to correct situations:
• Occlusion problems
• Natural but undesirable spaces between teeth
• Spacing caused by missing teeth
• Open bite
• Deep bite or overbite
• Crooked or rotating teeth
• Crowding of teeth
What are the benefits of using orthodontic appliances?
The placement of dental braces will bring enormous benefits, namely:
• Improvements in dental aesthetics
• Improvements at the functional level
• Improvements in oral hygiene
Who uses dental braces?
Most people who use dental devices start treatment, usually during adolescence. However, it is more and more frequent to see adults using modern solutions that orthodontics has to offer.
What types of dental devices are there?
With the advancement of technology, there are currently numerous types of dental devices, each with its own purpose. the best known categories are removable appliances and fixed appliances, however there are many other types:
• “Classic” Dental Braces
• Invisible Dental Braces or Lingual Braces (Lingual Orthodontics – IncognitoTM)
• Damon System Dental Device or Self-bonding Dental Device
• Ceramic Dental Braces or Aesthetic Braces
• Transparent Dental Braces also known as InvisalignTM
What is the price of orthodontic dental braces?
The price you will pay for the orthodontic appliance will depend on several factors, namely:
• Methodology used by your dentist
• Type of brackets used
• Case complexity
Which type of dental device is best for you?
The type of orthodontic appliance most suitable for you will depend on several factors, namely:
• Bite type
• Duration / urgency of treatment
• Budget available
• Treatment complexity
• Technical capacity of the orthodontist dentist
• If tooth extractions are necessary
Here at our dental clinic in Lisbon we have a team of orthodontist dentists capable of identifying the most convenient treatment for your particular problem.
If you want to find a solution for your smile, using one of the several solutions we have at the Orthodontics level, don’t waste any more time and book your appointment now, and a one of our friendly dentists in Lisbon will explain the most viable option for you, what are the advantages of this treatment, what are the prices and also, will answer all your questions.